UW-Platteville Education Abroad aims to offer UW-Platteville students a greater variety of program choices around the world by establishing affiliations and partnerships with other institutions, consortiums, and education abroad providers. Programs are available in a variety of locations around the world and range in length from two weeks (winterim, spring break, and summer) to a semester or year. If a student participates on an affiliate education abroad program, the student will:
- apply online through UW-Platteville Education Abroad.
- apply through the program provider (UW-Platteville Education Abroad will help coordinate the transfer of shared application requirements between applications).
- remain enrolled at UW-Platteville for the duration of the program.
- receive resident credit (not transfer credit).
- continue to receive financial aid from UW-Platteville.
- be eligible for the UW-Platteville International Study Grant.
Students participating on affiliate programs will be assessed an administrative fee by the UW-Platteville Education Abroad Office (due within two weeks of acceptance into the program) which covers: mandatory pre-departure orientation, re-entry session, eligibility for the UW-Platteville International Study Grant, general operating expenses, and support from UW-Platteville Education Abroad staff before, during, and after the program abroad.
UW-Platteville currently directly and indirectly affiliates with the following institutions, consortiums, and education abroad providers:
- Academic Programs International (API)
- College Consortium for International Studies (CCIS)
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE)
- Cultural Experiences Abroad (CEA)
- Educators Abroad
- Experience China (UW-River Falls)
- International Studies Abroad (ISA)
- Hessen:Wisconsin Exchange
- UW-La Crosse Study Abroad
- UW-Stout Study Abroad
- Wisconsin in Scotland (UW-River Falls)