Shawn D. Belling
- Project Management Professional Certification, Project Management Institute
- Doctor of Business Administration with concentration in Project Management, University of Management and Technology
- Master of Science in Project Management, University of Wisconsin-Platteville
- Master’s Certificate in Project Management, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Master’s Certificate in Mid-level Management, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Bachelor of Science in Education, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Additional project management education from UW-Madison and George Washington University
Belling has over 20 years of business leadership and project management experience. Shawn works at Promega Corporation in Madison, WI, leading strategic IT projects and development of project management processes and practices.
Belling’s past management/project management experience includes project management work for Foremost Farms USA, where he started a PMO and led strategic projects, and work as vice-president of sales & marketing with Discover Color, Inc. Belling was a senior manager with J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc., where he developed and led a custom PMO called Keller Custom Solutions. While at Keller, Belling led projects for many Fortune 100 companies as well as state and federal agencies such as the US Customs Service and US Department of Transportation.
Belling teaches, speaks and consults for businesses, universities and professional organizations including work as adjunct faculty for the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, Lakeland College, and University of California-Irvine as well as presentations to PMI global conferences and local chapters. Shawn has been teaching project management since 2001.
Belling is a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI) and holds the Project Management Professional (PMP) designation. Shawn is also a Certified Scrum Master through the Scrum Alliance.
Belling has served on the board of directors of Best Friends of Neenah-Menasha, a non-profit child mentoring organization, and the University of Wisconsin – Madison’s Curriculum Advisory Board for the Master’s Certificate in Project Management program. Belling is the recipient of the 2008 PMI Scholarship and was a founding member, officer and program director for the Northeast Wisconsin Chapter of PMI.