Master of Science in Engineering
Certificates are separate from the Master of Science in Engineering degree (MSENGR) program, but credit earned for them may be applied toward completion of the MSENGR. To earn a certificate, students must complete all of the required courses through UW-Platteville. Transferred courses and course substitutions are not allowed.
To obtain a certificate, students must
- Achieve a minimum grade of "C-" in each course for the certificate program.
- Complete the certificate program with a minimum GPA of 3.00.
- Request a certificate from your advisor within one year upon completion of the final course in the certificate.
Engineering Management Certificate (12 cr.)Required:
Choose any three additional courses from the list below.
- ENGRG 6050 Applied Statistics
- ENGRG 7810 Advanced Production and Operations Analysis
- ENGRG 7820 Quality Engineering and Management
- ENGRG 7830 Advanced Cost and Value Analysis
- ENGRG 7840 Systems Engineering Management
- ENGRG 7850 Taguchi Method of Designing Experiments
- ENGRG 7860 Continuous Improvement with Lean Principles
Geotechnical Engineering Certificate (12 cr.)
- ENGRG 7260 Advanced Shallow Foundation Design w/ LRFD
- ENGRG 7270 Advanced Deep Foundation Design w/ LRFD Applications
(Prereq: ENGRG 7260 or equivalent)
- ENGRG 7280 Geosynthetics Engineering
- ENGRG 7290 Earth Retaining Structures: Design, Analysis, and LRFD
Structural/Geotechnical Engineering Certificate (12 cr.)
Choose any two additional courses from the list below.