Resources for Criminal Justice Students
Professional Organizations for Criminal Justice and Criminology Researchers and Educators
- American Society of Criminology
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
- Northeastern Association Criminal Justice Sciences
- Southern Criminal Justice Association
- Western Society of Criminology
- Midwestern Criminal Justice Association
You are encouraged to take a look at these organizations, as many have undergraduate student paper competitions for which you are eligible. You could receive formal recognition and possible monetary rewards.
Federal Agencies Which Disseminate Information Obtained from Research
- Bureau of Justice Statistics provides statistics on crime and victim, law enforcement, prosecutors, correction, judicial system, and a wide variety of other criminal justice related information.
- Bureau of Justice Assistance provides leadership and services in grant administration and criminal justice policy development.
- Campus Security provides reports of crimes that occur on college and university campuses throughout the US.
- Federal Statistics provides a full range of official statistical information available to the public from the Federal Government.
- Hate Crimes Statistics provides statistics on crimes that have been classified as a hate crime.
- Juvenile Justice Evaluation Center assists juvenile justice practitioners, policymakers, and state agency administrators with the assessment and evaluation of programs and initiatives.
- National Institute of Justice is the research, development, and evaluation agency of the U.S. Department of Justice.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Center offers justice and substance abuse information to support research, policy, and program development worldwide.
- National Crime Victimization Survey provides information on crime victims.
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention provides national leadership, coordination, and resources to prevent and respond to juvenile delinquency and victimization.
- Uniform Crime Reports provides national statistics on the crime rate.
National Criminal Justice Organizations
- The Critical Criminology Division of the American Society of Criminology
- American Correctional Association
- The National Center for Women and Policing
- National Center on Institutions and Alternatives
- National Association of Counties
- National League of Cities
Federal Criminal Justice Agencies
- Department of Justice Home Page
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Office of Justice Programs
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS)
- U.S. Federal Judiciary
- Federal Judicial Center - contains many good research articles on federal courts, sentencing, and prisons.
- U.S. Sentencing Commission
- Punch and Jurists - A Guide to Federal Criminal Law
- National Security Agency
- Center for Substance Abuse Prevention
- The FBI
- The CIA