PROJMGT 7010 Project Management Techniques I
|Course Number:||PROJMGT 7010|
|Course Name:||Project Management Techniques I|
|Course Description: ||Issues surrounding project scope definition; plan development and execution; sequencing, scheduling, and controlling activities for timely completion of projects; and collection and dissemination of project-related information.|
- Spring 2013: YES
- Summer 2013: YES
- Fall 2013: YES
- Spring 2014: YES
- Summer 2014: YES
- Fall 2014: YES
|Registration Instructions|| |
What you should be able to do after you complete this course:
- Express your understanding of project management, which includes the project manager's function and the management of project processes.
- Recognize the project plan development, execution, and monitoring and control processes that ensure all elements of the project are properly coordinated.
- Develop a project statement of work and work breakdown structure that ensures the project includes all, but only, the work necessary to complete the project.
- Use project network diagrams and other scheduling approaches to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Prepare a budget that includes project cost, labor, and resource estimates required to ensure that the project is completed within its approved schedule.
Introduction to Project Management
Project Life Cycle and Organization
Project Management Processes
Develop Project Charter
Develop Project Management Plan
Direct and Manage Project Execution
Monitor and Control Project Work
Perform Integrated Change Control
Close project or phase
Estimate Activity Resources
Estimate Activity Durations
Number of Exams
There are no exams for this course.
Number of Assignments
There are 5 written assignments and 5 team evaluations for this course.
Number of Projects
There are 4 group discussions and 1 group project for this course.
EXEMPLARY ABOVE AVERAGE ACCEPTABLE NEEDS IMPROVEMENT
A+ 98 to 100 B+ 87.5 to 90 C+ 77.5 to 80 D+ 67.5 to 70
A 93.5 to 98 B 83.5 to 87.5 C 73.5 to 77.5 D 63.5 to 67.5
A- 90 to 93.5 B- 80 to 83.5 C- 70 to 73.5 D- 60 to 63.5
The following table presents a breakout of points allocated to each unit:
Point Allocation by Unit
Unit Points % of course grade
1 270 27
2 195 20
3 195 20
4 100 10
5 240 24
Total 1000 100%
Grade Breakout by Assignment
Component Point Value % of Grade
Individual Quizzes 245 24.5
Individual Assignments 260 26
Group Discussions 275 27.5
Group Project 120 12
Peer/Self Evaluations 100 10
Course Total 1000 100%