ENGRG 7290 Earth Retaining Structures: Design, Analysis, and LRFD
|Course Number:||ENGRG 7290|
|Course Name:||Earth Retaining Structures: Design, Analysis, and LRFD|
|Course Description:||This course is designed to fully prepare a student with only an introductory course in soil mechanics to recognize, design, and analyze concrete retaining walls, MSE walls, cantilever and anchored sheetpile walls, braced excavations, and cofferdams using conventional and Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) concepts. P: CIVILENG 3730 Geotechnical Engineering I (a course in soil mechanics) or equivalent.|
|Prerequisites:||ENGRG 7280 or equivalent|
- Determine the lateral earth pressures acting on an earth retaining structure.
- Design and analyze a concrete retaining wall.
- Design and analyze modular gravity walls.
- Design and analyze a MSE wall.
- Design and analyze a cantilever sheetpile wall.
- Design and analyze an anchored sheetpile wall.
- Design and analyze a braced excavation.
- Design in-situ reinforced walls.
- Apply LRFD concepts to the design of earth retaining structures.
- Select an earth retaining structure type for given project constraints.
- Select a contracting approach for an earth retaining structure for given project constraints
Number of Exams
Number of Assignments
Number of Projects