ENGRG 7260 Advanced Shallow Foundation Design with LRFD Applications
|Course Number:||ENGRG 7260|
|Course Name:||Advanced Shallow Foundation Design with LRFD Applications|
|Course Description:||This course is designed to fully prepare a student with only an introductory course in soil mechanics to: analyze the bearing capacity of shallow foundations; to design shallow foundations to meeting bearing capacity and settlement requirements; to design reinforced concrete shallow foundations; and to apply Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) principles to the design and analysis of shallow foundations. P: Civil Engineering 3730 Geotechnical Engineering (or an equivalent course in soil mechanics).|
- Design of site investigations for use in shallow foundation engineering.
- Analyze the bearing capacity of shallow foundations.
- Design shallow foundations to meet bearing capacity and settlement requirements.
- Design reinforced concrete shallow foundations.
- Design and analyze shallow foundations using foundation design software.
- Design shallow foundations using LRFD methods.
Number of Exams
Number of Assignments
Number of Projects