ENGRG 7220 Dynamics of Structures
|Course Number:||ENGRG 7220|
|Course Name:||Dynamics of Structures|
|Course Description:||Dynamic analysis of structures using simplified single-degree-of-freedom models, model analysis and static condensation. Assumptions used in numeric analysis methods will be explored in order to better understand the output from computer analysis. Application of dynamic analysis as implemented in the International Building Code. P: GENENG 2230 - Engineering Mechanics - Dynamics. Recommended: MATH 3230 - Linear Algebra, MATH 3630 - Differential Equations, CIVILENG 3100 - Structural Mechanics (or equivalent for all courses listed).|
- Determine the response of single-degree-of-freedom (SDF) systems subject to harmonic, periodic, and impulsive excitation, using traditional and Fourier analysis analytically and numerically.
- Derive the matrix equations of motion for multi-degree-of-freedom (MDF) systems.
- Understand and apply the principles of modal analysis.
- Use numeric methods to analyze the dynamic response of MDF systems.
- Evaluate the seismic resistance of a structure using the International Building Code.
Number of Exams
Number of Assignments
Number of Projects