ENGRG 5000 Engineering Communications
|Course Number:||ENGRG 5000|
|Course Name:||Engineering Communications|
|Course Description:||Emphasizes methods of communication in the engineering workplace, including the development and writing of proposals, technical manuals, design reports, and business presentations. Effective teamwork communication strategies for virtual and co-located project teams will be addressed.|
- Effectively write as a team, asynchronously, and at a distance.
- Be able to use evidence and logic to construct an argument.
- Effectively prepare different types of engineering documents such as journal articles, proposals, design reports, technical manuals, application notes, specifications, and patents.
- Be able to communicate successfully through equations and symbols to a target audience.
- Effectively incorporate graphics (tables, figures, photographs, etc.) into an engineering document.
- Prepare and present a Power Point presentation in order to deliver technical information.
- Communication Basics
- Principles for Presentations and Meetings
- Inverted-Pyramid Method Principles for Web and Other Electronic Applications
- Assessment Principles
- Organization Principles
- Writing the Draft Principles
- Revising the Draft Principles
- Effective Design Principles
- Writing General Business Correspondence Principles
- Writing Informal Reports Principles
- Writing Formal Reports Principles
- Writing Instructions Principles
- Writing Proposals Principles
Number of Exams
Number of Assignments
Number of Projects