CRIMLJUS 7130 Criminal Justice Research and Statistical Methods
|Course Number:||CRIMLJUS 7130|
|Course Name:||Criminal Justice Research and Statistical Methods|
|Course Description:||An analysis of the various criminal justice research methods and statistical procedures, with emphasis on research design, questionnaire construction, the construction and use of surveys, uses of available data, methods of collecting and analyzing data, the testing of hypotheses, the drawing of inferences, and the writing of the research report.|
- Better understand the current state of knowledge relative to criminal justice research.
- Better understand the basic research and statistical concepts and operations in criminal justice research.
- Identify the varied methodologies and statistical techniques available for research in criminal justice.
- Understand and interpret research findings published in journal articles in criminal justice and other social science research.
- Better understand the role of survey analysis and evaluation research in shaping policy and programs in the criminal justice system.
- Demonstrate strong writing and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively utilize research and statistical techniques in criminal justice agencies and in advanced graduate level courses.
Number of Exams
Number of Assignments
Number of Projects