COMPUTER 1830 Microcomputer Applications
|Course Number:||COMPUTER 1830|
|Course Name:||Microcomputer Applications|
|Course Description:||A course recommended for all non-computer science majors that need to know how to use the microcomputer. The major emphasis will be on using microcomputers with the most popular kinds of computer software used in business and education today including word processing, spreadsheets and database management. (Not open to computer science majors.)|
|Format:||Print (This course is also offered online.)|
- Define key terminology used in describing computer hardware, its components and peripherals, the specific software applications and the terms generally associated with those applications.
- Operate Microsoft Windows 7 and the basic tools provided within it.
- Create a PowerPoint 2010 presentation using a design template, clip art or images, tables, charts, video, sound, animation effects, and slide transitions.
- Create a Word 2010 announcement using clip art, various font sizes, font types, and font styles, and formatting paragraphs; Use Word 2010 to create a Multiple-Page Report; Desktop Publishing and Mail Merge.
- Create an Excel 2010 spreadsheet using various functions; the fill handle; format a worksheet; create a 3-D Clustered column chart; and use the AutoCalculate area.
Number of Exams
Number of Assignments
Number of Projects