How to Drop a Course
Before dropping a course, contact your advisor to discuss the impact. Dropping a course and the timing of when you drop the course can have an impact on
- Your Academic Progress as a degree seeking student
- Financial Aid – Dropping a course may cause you to have to repay some of the financial aid you received and may impact your eligibility to receive aid for future semesters. Contact the UW-Platteville Financial Aid Office at 800.616.0412 to discuss the impact on your financial aid.
- Veterans’ Benefits – Dropping a course may cause you to have to repay some of the veterans benefits you received and may impact your eligibility to receive benefits for future semesters. Contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to discuss the impact on your veterans benefits. Contact the UW-Platteville School Certifying Official at 608.342.7351 if you have questions on this.
Drop/Refund Policies and Deadlines - Fall 2016
Drop/Refund Policies and Deadlines - Spring 2017
Dropping a course before the end of the registration period:
- Log into your Student Center in PASS.
- Click the ENROLL link in the Academics section.
- Click the DROP link at the top of the page.
- Select the course you want to drop and click the Drop Selected Classes button.
- Confirm the information and click the Finish Dropping button.
- Read the View Results page to confirm that the class was successfully dropped.
- If you want to drop one class and add another, you may select SWAP rather than DROP.
Dropping a course after the end of the registration period:
- You will not have access to drop a course yourself after registration closes. To drop a course, you must e-mail your advisor. The date of your email will be used to process your drop request.
- Review the Drop/Refund Policies and Deadlines you agreed to when registering.
How to Drop a Print-based Course:
Review the Print-based Course policies.
Print-based Course Policies (prior to fall 2015)
Print-based Course Policies (standard term)
Print-based Course Policies (12-month enrollment)
- Complete a Print-based Course Drop/Withdrawal form.
- Send the form to the Distance Learning Center. (Accepted via mail, fax, or scan/e-mail.)
- Watch for a signed copy of your request from the DLC confirming it was processed.
- Contact the Distance Learning Center at 800.362.5460 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.