How to Drop a Course
Before dropping a course, contact your advisor to discuss the impact. Dropping a course and the timing of when you drop the course can have an impact on
Your Academic Progress as a degree seeking student
Financial Aid – Dropping a course may cause you to have to repay some of the financial aid you received and may impact your eligibility to receive aid for future semesters. Contact the UW-Platteville Financial Aid Office at 800.616.0412 to discuss the impact on your financial aid.
- Veterans’ Benefits – Dropping a course may cause you to have to repay some of the veterans benefits you received and may impact your eligibility to receive benefits for future semesters. Contact UW-Platteville’s Veterans Officer at 608.342.7352 to discuss the impact on your veterans’ benefits.
Dropping a course before the end of the registration period:
- Log into your Student Center in PASS.
- Click the ENROLL link in the Academics section.
- Click the DROP link at the top of the page.
- Select the course you want to drop and click the Drop Selected Classes button.
- Confirm the information and click the Finish Dropping button.
- Read the View Results page to confirm that the class was successfully dropped.
- If you want to drop one class and add another, you may select SWAP rather than DROP.
Dropping a course after the end of the registration period:
- You will not have access to drop a course yourself after registration closes. To drop a course, you must e-mail your advisor. The date of your email will be used to process your drop request.
- Review the Drop/Refund Policies and Deadlines you agreed to when registering.
How to Drop a Print-based Course:
Review the Print-based Course policies.
Print-based Course Policies (prior to fall 2015)
Print-based Course Policies (standard term)
Print-based Course Policies (12-month enrollment)
- Complete a Print-based Course Drop/Withdrawal form.
- Send the form to the Distance Learning Center. (Accepted via mail, fax, or scan/e-mail.)
- Watch for a signed copy of your request from the DLC confirming it was processed.
- Contact the Distance Learning Center at 800.362.5460 or email@example.com if you have any questions.