Warehousing and Distribution Management
|Course Number:||ISCM 7520|
|Course Name:||Warehousing and Distribution Management (Online)|
|Course Description:||This course provides an understanding of the concepts and theories that drive the effective management of an organization's warehousing and distribution systems. The course will cover topics that include Warehousing Layout, Design & Configuration, Receiving, Delivery, Material Storage, as well as Distribution strategies, Distribution Network planning, Distribution ERP systems (WMS) and Crossdocking.|
|Program:||Master of Science in Integrated Supply Chain Management|
NOTE: The information below is representative of the course and is subject to change. The specific details of the course will be available in the Desire2Learn course instance for the course in which a student registers.
- Explain the role of warehousing and distribution management in supporting an organization’s supply chain management strategy.
- Explain the terminology, concepts and principles used in warehousing and distribution management.
- Apply the concepts and principles used in warehousing and distribution management in the analysis of various operational activities.
- Construct and implement moderately complex warehousing and distribution solutions to real organizational problems and scenarios, using methods derived by selecting the most appropriate tools to meet an organization’s needs.
- Explain, analyze, and quantify warehouse and distribution systems performance.
- Describe the challenges that face increasingly more complex warehousing and distribution operations.
- Test and assess the effectiveness of solutions by quantitatively or qualitatively measuring their results against theory-based criteria and standards of performance to more fully support an organization’s supply chain performance.
- Unit 1 Introduction to Warehouse Operations
- Unit 2 Warehouse Design and Layout
- Unit 3 Tactical Issues in Warehousing and Distribution
- Unit 4 Management Systems and Performance Measurement
The breakdown of points is as follows:
|A||93% - 100%|
|A-||90% - 92%|
|B+||87% - 89%|
|B||83% - 86%|
|B-||80% - 82%|
|C+||77% - 79%|
|C||73% - 76%|
|C-||70% - 72%|
|D+||67% - 69%|
|D||60% - 66%|
|F||0% - 59%|