- Doctor of Philosophy in Philosophy, University of Iowa
- Master of Arts in English, University of Northern Iowa
- Master of Arts in Philosophy, University of Iowa
- Master of Philosophy in Philosophy of Religion, University of Northern Iowa
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Philosophy and Religion, University of Northern Iowa
Sandberg has been teaching courses in English and philosophy (along with some Western civilization courses) at various colleges and universities in Iowa for about 18 years. Currently, he’s a lecturer at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, teaching freshman composition and philosophy to undergraduates and business ethics to graduate students in the online Master of Science in Project Management program.