Project Procurement Management
|Course Number:||PROJMGT 7050|
|Course Name:||Project Procurement Management (Online)|
|Course Description:||Typically the more complex and challenging the project, the more work will be sent outside of the organization for performance. Project Procurement Management is one of the nine project management knowledge areas in the PMBOK®. This course covers issues surrounding procurement and solicitation planning, outsourcing and partnering, solicitation development, contract administration, and contract closeout from the vantage points of both the buyer and the seller.|
|Prerequisites:||PROJMGT 7010 and PROJMGT 7020|
Master of Science in Project Management
Master of Science in Integrated Supply Chain Management
NOTE: The information below is representative of the course and is subject to change. The specific details of the course will be available in the Desire2Learn course instance for the course in which a student registers.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Prepare a procurement management plan
- Develop the documents necessary to support the procurement process.
- Recognize and apply success factors for a successful contract negotiation.
- Understand how to effectively select sellers.
- Manage and monitor seller performance utilizing observation and reporting tools.
- Plan and execute the tasks necessary to close out a contract.
- Effectively integrate Procurement with other project processes.
Unit 1: Introductions and Key Concepts
Unit 2: Plan Procurement
Unit 3: Plan Procurement
Unit 4: Plan Procurement
Unit 5: Conduct Procurements
Unit 6: Control Procurements
Unit 7: Small and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Interaction - Social Responsibility in Project Management
Unit 8: Close Procurement
Exams: There are exams for this course.
Assignments: There are 3 individual assignments.
Group Assignments: There are 5 group projects and 6 group discussions for this course.
The breakdown of points is as follows:
|Individual Assignments (3 @ 100 pts. each)||40%|
|Group Projects (5 @ 100 pts. each)||30%|
|Group Discussions (6 @ 100 pts. each)||30%|
|A||90% - 100%|
|B||80% - 89%|
|C||70% - 79%|