Project Management Techniques I
|Course Number:||PROJMGT 7010|
|Course Name:||Project Management Techniques I (Online)|
|Course Description:||An introduction to contemporary project management tools and techniques across three broad areas: organizing and initiating projects, planning projects, and performing projects. Content emphasizes project selection, chartering new projects, stakeholder management, scope management, scheduling, and their integration.|
NOTE: The information below is representative of the course and is subject to change. The specific details of the course will be available in the Desire2Learn course instance for the course in which a student registers.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to
- Express your understanding of project management, which includes the project manager's function and the management of project processes.
- Recognize the project plan development, execution, and monitoring and control processes that ensure all elements of the project are properly coordinated.
- Develop a project statement of work and work breakdown structure that ensures the project includes all, but only, the work necessary to complete the project.
- Use project network diagrams and other scheduling approaches to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Prepare a budget that includes project cost, labor, and resource estimates required to ensure that the project is completed within its approved schedule.
Introduction to Project Management
Project Life Cycle and Organization
Project Management Processes
Develop Project Charter
Develop Project Management Plan
Direct and Manage Project Execution
Monitor and Control Project Work
Perform Integrated Change Control
Close project or phase
Estimate Activity Resources
Estimate Activity Durations
|A+||98% - 100%|
|A||93.5% - 97%|
|A-||90% - 93.4%|
|B+||87.5% - 89%|
|B||83.5% - 87.4%|
|B-||80% - 83.4%|
|C+||77.5% - 79%|
|C||73.5% - 77.4%|
|C-||70% - 73.4%|
|D+||67.5% - 69%|
|D||63.5% - 67.4%|
|D-||60% - 63.4%|
|F||0% - 59%|
Point Allocation by Unit
|Unit||Points||% of course grade|
Grade Breakout by Assignment
|Component||Point Possible||% of Grade|
|Individual Quizzes||100 points||10%|
|Individual Assignments||550 points||55%|
|Group Discussions||160 points||16%|
|Group Project||120 points||12%|
|Peer/Self Evaluations||70 points||7%|