|Course Number:||GEOGRPHY 1040|
|Course Name:||Planet Earth (Online)|
The features of the natural environment (lithosphere, atmosphere and hydrosphere); their character, distribution, origin and relationship with human beings. Principles of environmental conservation are also included. A field trip is required (to be modified to accommodate distance education students). This course has a course fee of $11.
|Prerequisites:||Not open to students who have had GEOGRPHY 1140 or GEOGRPHY 1240.|
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
NOTE: The information below is representative of the course and is subject to change. The specific details of the course will be available in the Desire2Learn course instance for the course in which a student registers.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Use maps and geographic tools and technologies to locate and report information from a spatial perspective.
- Analyze the spatial and temporal distribution of the environments and ecosystems on the Earth’s surface.
- Understand the physical characteristics of places on the Earth.
- Describe the physical processes that shape the patterns of the Earth’s surface.
- Discuss how human actions modify the physical environment.
- Explain how physical systems affect human systems.
- Apply geography to interpret the past.
- Apply geography to interpret the present and plan for the future.
Build Your Own Planet
Exams: There is 1 exam for this course.
Assignments: There are 36 individual assignments.
Group Assignments: There is 1 group project for this course.
The breakdown of points is as follows:
|Guided Presentation Assessments (9 @ 10 pts. each)||90 points|
|Supporting Material Assessments (9 @ 10 pts. each)||90 points|
|Online Interactive Assignments (9 @ 10 pts. each)||90 points|
|Current Event Minute Paper Assignments (9 @ 10 pts. each)||90 points|
|Textbook Module Quizzes (9 @ 10 pts. each)||90 points|
|Devils Lake Field Trip (or alternative)||50 points|
|Field Trip Research Poster Construction and Presentation||50 points|
|Final Exam - "Build Your Own World"||50 points|
|Planet Earth Labs (8 @ 50 pts. each)||400 points|
|A||910 - 1,000 points|
|A-||900 - 909 points|
|B+||890 - 899 points|
|B||810 - 889 points|
|B-||800 - 809 points|
|C+||790 - 799 points|
|C||710 - 789 points|
|C-||700 - 709 points|
|D+||690 - 699 points|
|D||610 - 689 points|
|D-||600 - 609 points|
|F||0 - 599 points|