MS Criminal Justice Transfer Agreements
Any student who has completed graduate-level coursework in criminal justice or a related discipline is encouraged to submit an official transcript for consideration of transfer credit.
The program has official transfer agreements with these institutions:
- American Military University Homeland Security
- Fox Valley Technical College Criminal Justice Executive Development Institute
- University of California-Irvine Extension
The following guidelines apply to the transfer of credits (both internal and external) to graduate programs at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
- To be accepted for transfer, credits must be approved by more than one faculty member in the relevant program along with the dean of the School of Graduate Studies. Faculty may be 1) the program’s committee or 2) some mix of the student’s advisor, program head, and a faculty member with expertise in the field.
- A maximum of 12 credits for a degree may be transferred.
- Credits may be transferred only from a nationally or regionally accredited institution recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Students must complete their graduate program within seven years of being admitted to the program at University of Wisconsin-Platteville (extensions may be granted). Once credits have been accepted as transfer credits, they become part of the current program of study, and the seven-year limit is based on the date of admission into the program.
- Only courses where the student received a grade of B or higher will be considered for transfer credit.