This pane clears float!
- Doctorate in Engineering (Machines and Structures Division), Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Bachelor of Science In Mechanical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
His formal education and training covers mechanical engineering, civil engineering (structures), electrical engineering (controls), quality systems, and project management, and his technology and industry knowledge covers automobile and large truck (parts management, assemble line design, and floor operations), paper making (stock preparation, fluid flow, pressing, drying), heavy manufacturing (forging, heat treating, straightening, machining, and shaping), and textile (weaving, drying, and heat setting).
Kershaw has taught engineering courses at University of Wisconsin-Platteville since 2005. Prior to that taught applied engineering mathematics and statistics courses at Widener University; he was in the United States Army Corps of Engineering, and has 40 years of experience in the industry, with over 25 United States patents.
His leadership experience includes volunteer organizations, government procurement, and international corporations. The National Register’s Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals 2005–2006 Edition has recognized my success in project management and leadership development.
His project management experience covers capital-intensive industries and the government. Has a record of delivering projects—on time and on budget—that satisfy the stakeholder needs.
- Designed and implemented a Program Management Office.
- Planned and implemented the relocation of manufacturing lines
- Provided the technical scope for the purchase, installation, and start-up of new equipment
- Managed annual maintenance activities (heavy manufacturing)
- Lead operational improvement teams (heavy manufacturing, textile, and paper)
- Designed and mentored Lean implementation programs (heavy manufacturing and textile)
- Planned and implemented new technology start-ups (heavy manufacturing and paper)
- Provided effective product development (consumer and business-to-business)
He has a long record of supporting individual development efforts and volunteer organizations. He is currently a member of the UW-Platteville Master of Science in Engineering Program’s Steering Committee and a member of the State Firefighter’s Association of Wisconsin.
This pane clears float!