|Course Number:||BUSADMIN 1300|
|Course Name:||Global Business (Online)|
|Course Description:||This course will survey current issues and trends in global business. Specific emphasis will be placed on the impact of these trends on managers in the multinational organizational setting. Topics include a study of the economic, financial and legal environments of international business. In addition, trade issues and corporate strategies will be discussed.|
|Format:||Online (This course is also offered in print.)|
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
NOTE: The information below is representative of the course and is subject to change. The specific details of the course will be available in the Desire2Learn course instance for the course in which a student registers.
Upon completion of Business Administration 1300, Global Business, you will be able to do the following:
- Understand the social, cultural, economic, and political environments which affect the conduct of global business.
- Compare the way business is conducted across a variety of cultures.
- Understand the influences on international trade policies.
- Understand how economic integration influences trade.
- Build the skills necessary to conduct business successfully in a global marketplace.
- Explore how businesses may enter the international market.
- Express ideas, opinions, and knowledge in written format.
- Unit 1: Exploring Globalization
- Unit 2: Global Trade and Monetary Systems
- Unit 3: The Organization in a Global Marketplace
Exams: There are 3 exams for this course.
Assignments: There are 15.
Group Assignments: There are 3 group projects for this course.
The breakdown of points is as follows:
|Lesson Exploration Exercises (15 @ 10 pts. each)||150 points|
|Term Definitions (3 @ 10 pts. each)||30 points|
|Unit papers (3 @ 25 pts. each)||75 points|
|Unit Collaborative Assignments (3 @ 25 pts. each)||75 points|
|Exams (3 @ 100 pts. each)||300 points|
|A||93% - 100%|
|A-||90% - 92%|
|B+||88% - 89%|
|B||83% - 87%|
|B-||80% - 82%|
|C+||78% - 79%|
|C||73% - 77%|
|C-||70% - 72%|
|D+||68% - 69%|
|D||60% - 67%|
|F||0% - 59%|