FAQs - Future Students
What degrees and certificates does UW-Platteville offer at a distance?
Is UW-Platteville accredited?
What kind of credentials do your online instructors have?
Will I have access to UW-Platteville library resources?
Will I ever have to visit the campus?
Will I have an academic advisor?
Do you hold orientation for new students?
How are examinations administered?
How long will it take me to earn my degree?
How much computer and Internet experience do I need?
UW-Platteville provides free Software User Guides & Tutorials through ICET (Instructional Center for Educational Technologies).
Do I need special hardware and software for online courses?
Can I purchase Microsoft Office and other software at a discount?
What is it like to be a student in an online course?
- You can log in to your course at your convenience to complete assignments, participate in discussions, or email your instructor.
- You will benefit from logging in daily to check announcements and review your assignments. The time you spend each day will vary with the type of assignments.
- You will be expected to do the same amount of studying, submit assignments by due dates, and take exams as you would in an on-campus class.
- You will be expected to generate and participate in discussions with the instructor and the other students. These discussions, in which you will respond to other students' comments, play a central role in the learning experience. Keeping up with your reading and assignments will help you be an active participant in online discussions.
- If you are assigned to participate in team projects, your team members will rely on you to participate and contribute to the projects.
- You will benefit from networking with students from across the country.
What does an online course look like?
What is it like to be a student in a print-based course?
What is the cost of tuition? Are payment plans offered? Is financial aid available?
Financial aid is available. To determine eligibility, contact the Financial Aid Office at 800.616.0412. Please specify that you are a distance learning student.
Does the GI Bill apply to UW-Platteville's distance education programs?
Can distance education students receive student discounts or utilize on-campus services?
How do I apply to a distance education program?
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
Master of Science in Criminal Justice
Master of Science in Distance Education Leadership
Master of Science in Engineering
Master of Science in Integrated Supply Chain Management
Master of Science in Organizational Change Leadership
Master of Science in Project Management
How long does the admission process take?
Allow two weeks for all of your transcripts to arrive at UW-Platteville. It is your responsibility to request transcripts.
Still have questions?