Evaluation and Program Analysis in the Criminal Justice System
This pane clears float!
|Course Number:||CRIMLJUS 7730|
|Course Name:||Evaluation and Program Analysis in the Criminal Justice System (Online)|
|Course Description:||This graduate level course will focus on the key concepts, methods, and issues in the field of evaluation research. Students will be exposed to the theoretical, methodological, and utilization of evaluation approaches in order to design, implement, and assess the most effective programs. Specific focus will center on needs assessment, impact assessments, monitoring, applications of various quantitative and qualitative techniques, and proposal writing. A review of basic research methods principles will also be provided.|
|Program:||MS in Criminal Justice|
NOTE: The information below is representative of the course and is subject to change. The specific details of the course will be available in the Desire2Learn course instance for the course in which a student registers.
By the end of the course, you should:
- Understand basic research method principles.
- Understand the value of evaluation and the appropriate uses of evaluation research.
- Have an understanding of the history, definitions, and key concepts of evaluation research.
- Access relevant evaluation research literature.
- Conduct evaluability assessments, determine program goals and objectives, and determine the needs of populations served.
- Identify political and ethical issues associated with program evaluation.
- Review and critique the design, implementation, and findings of an evaluation.
- Write an evaluation proposal.
Fundamentals of Research Methods
Fundamentals of Evaluation Research and Logic Models
Methods in Evaluation and Needs Assessments
Economic Evaluations and Performance Measurement
Praxis, Statistics, and Professional Judgement
Exams: There is 1 exam for this course.
Assignments: There are 14 assignments.
Group Assignments: There are 0 group projects for this course.
The breakdown of points is as follows:
|Lesson 1 Assignment||10|
|Lesson 2a Assignment||10|
|Lesson 2b Assignment||10|
|Lesson 3a Assignment||10|
|Lesson 3b Assignment||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||10|
|Summary of journal article||30|
|Participate with online discussions||20|
A = 365-400
A- = 360-364
B = 325-355
B- = 320-324
C+ = 315-319
C = 285-314
C- = 280-284
D = 240-279
F = 239 and below
This pane clears float!