|Course Number:||BUSADMIN 5740|
|Course Name:||Consumer Behavior (Online)|
|Course Description:||Consumer behavior reaches for a better understanding of the consumer buying process. It begins with an examination of basic, standard steps that consumers take while making a purchasing decision and moves into consumer motives based on various consumer cohorts. The marketing student - after having studied consumer behavior - will have a stronger appreciation for the basis of consumer needs and will be better prepared to serve them.|
NOTE: The information below is representative of the course and is subject to change. The specific details of the course will be available in the Desire2Learn course instance for the course in which a student registers.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to
- Produce effective marketing messages based on specific consumer needs.
- Formulate strategic marketing recommendations based on a review of social demography and lifestyle trends.
- Evaluate the typical purchase process for any product, service, or cause.
- Describe the role of internal and external influences on the purchase process.
- Demonstrate proficiency to write without spelling, grammar, or syntax errors.
- Unit 1: External Influences.
- Unit 2: Internal Influences.
- Unit 3: Influencing the Decision Process
- Unit 4: Graduate Component
|Lesson Discussions – Initial Posts (10 @ 10 pts each)||100 points|
|Lesson Discussions – Response Posts (10 @ 10 pts each)||100 points|
|Written Case Analyses (4 @ 100 pts. each)||400 points|
|Group Activities (3 @ 50 pts. each)||150 points|
|A||93% - 100%|
|A-||90% - 92%|
|B+||87% - 89%|
|B||84% - 86%|
|B-||80% - 83%|
|C+||77% - 79%|
|C||74% - 76%|
|C-||70% - 73%|
|D+||67% - 69%|
|D||60% - 66%|
|F||0% - 59%|