BS Business Administration Certificates
This pane clears float!
The School of Business offers certificates for those who wish to gain specialized expertise in an area but do not plan to seek a degree.
To earn a certificate you must:
- Earn a grade of "C" or better in each course required for the certificate.
- Take all of the courses under the direction of UW-Platteville faculty. Transferred courses and course substitutions are not allowed.
To receive an official copy of your certificate, contact the Distance Learning Center within one year upon completion of the final course in the certificate.
Note that some courses have prerequisites. Check course descriptions for details.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE
Learn the basics of staffing your organization, training and paying employees, maintaining a safe and healthy work environment, and dealing with a labor union. Study the legal issues affecting human resource management, including equal employment opportunity and harassment. The certificate includes three courses:
- BUSADMIN 3030 Human Resource Management - 3 credits
- BUSADMIN 3100 Compensation Management - 3 credits
- BUSADMIN 4200 Employee Recruitment and Selection - 3 credits
International Business Certificate
Learn basic information about management and marketing strategies needed to succeed in world markets and study issues related to world financial markets, foreign exchange exposure, and financial management of the multinational firm. The certificate consists of three courses:
- BUSADMIN 1300 Global Business - 3 credits
- BUSADMIN 4140 International Management - 3 credits
BUSADMIN 3720 International Marketing - 3 credits
BUSADMIN 3650 International Finance - 3 credits
Leadership and Human Performance Certificate
Learn how to lead and motivate employees, work effectively in teams, successfully manage conflict, and continuously improve the quality of your organization's products and/or services. The certificate consists of three courses:
- BUSADMIN 2330 Leadership & Management - 3 credits
- BUSADMIN 3530 Organizational Behavior - 3 credits
- BUSADMIN 3540 Quality Management - 3 credits
Learn how to anticipate and manage consumer demand by analyzing distribution, production, promotion, and price planning. Find out how to set marketing policy and manage the entire marketing function. The certificate consists of three courses:
- BUSADMIN 2630 Introduction to Marketing - 3 credits
- BUSADMIN 4630 Marketing Management - 3 credits
BUSADMIN 3120 Retailing - 3 credits
BUSADMIN 3740 Consumer Behavior - 3 credits
For More Information
Customized Certificate Programs
This pane clears float!