|Course Number:||ENGRG 6050|
|Course Name:||Applied Statistics (Online)|
|Course Description:||TThis course will begin with an introduction to background material such as the basic concepts of probability. We will then study several different discrete and continuous random variables, covering their means, variances, and distribution functions. Next come methods of inference, including confidence intervals and hypothesis testing. Our final unit of material will cover applications of statistics, including simple linear regression, multiple regression, basic design of experiments, and ANOVA.|
|Prerequisites:||Calculus I & II|
Master of Science in Engineering
Master of Science in Project Management
Master of Science in Integrated Supply Chain Management
NOTE: The information below is representative of the course and is subject to change. The specific details of the course will be available in the Desire2Learn course instance for the course in which a student registers.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to
- Apply the methods of statistics appropriately and make data-based decisions.
- Work in groups on a statistical project and report the results in writing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the processes and procedures of statistical research.
- Use statistical software, Minitab, to analyze data.
Unit 1: Introduction
- Including the use of statistics software to graph data.
Unit 2: Random Variables
- Discrete Random Variables
Continuous Random Variables
- Normal Distribution
- Weilbull Distribution
Unit 3: Estimation and Testing
Confidence Intervals and Hypothesis Tests
- One Mean
- One Proportion
- Two Means or Proportions
- Paired Data
Unit 4: Control Charts and SPC
- X-Bar and R Charts
- X-Bar and S Charts
- Run Charts
- CUSUM and EWMA Charts
- Gage R&R Studies
Unit 5: Regression and Design of Experiments
- Simple Linear Regression and Correlation
- Multiple Linear Regression
- Factorial Designs
Grading Criteria for Activities
|A||90% - 100%|
|B||80% - 89%|
|C||70% - 79%|
|D||60% - 69%|
|F||0% - 59%|