We want your input
This pane clears float!
Five years ago, we formed a task force to determine the future direction of distance education at UW-Platteville. As with any worthwhile planning process, the goals were very aggressive and far-reaching. As we reach the end of year four of this five-year plan, I am pleased to say that we have met the majority of the goals, even surpassing some. We have a few goals we are still working on and will continue to make progress in the upcoming fiscal year.
An update on some of these goals includes:
- We added three new graduate programs and seven new certificates.
- We’ve changed our budgeting model to better reflect revenues and costs associated with each program.
- We changed our focus for corporate marketing. We are now a preferred provider for four national corporations and are working on two additional preferred provider contracts.
- We implemented a thorough review of policies and procedures that has prompted many changes that will benefit students.
- Our goal to increase registrations by 75% is on track and expected to be met in the upcoming fiscal year.
- Our partnership with UW Learning Innovations was dissolved and all registration processing and course development was moved to UW-Platteville. To accommodate these new tasks, a major upgrade to PASS was implemented to allow distance students to use this system. This has allowed a more streamlined approach to student services and course offerings.
- We have incorporated new technology into a wide variety of operations and course offerings.
As we begin our next five year plan, we want to hear from you. Please reach out to the task force to share your ideas, and possible answers to the following questions:
- Are there new online programs you would like us to develop?
- Are there opportunities for us to partner with your company as a preferred educational provider?
- What trends do you see in the economy or your geographic region that online education could assist with?
- What technologies should we be using to best help deliver education to you?
- What student services would you like to see added?
- What is the best way to communicate with our students?
We are now in the process of building on the success of the past five years. Your input is an important part of this process, so I hope you will share your ideas with us. Please send all comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1. I look forward to hearing from you.
This pane clears float!
Read the latest distance education news in the Pioneer Post.
Subscribe to The Pioneer Post using our RSS feed.