Stay connected to UW-Platteville
As students, you are virtually connected to UW-Platteville and form bonds with classmates, instructors, and advisors. Upon graduation, you might feel as if you have been cut off from UW-Platteville. As an alumnus of UW-Platteville Online, you should never feel disconnected. The possibilities to stay involved are endless. See the suggestions below to get you started.
- Notify the Distance Learning Center when your mailing address or e-mail address changes.
- Volunteer. The Distance Education Alumni Board is always looking for individuals to help with projects.
- Become a mentor. Help current and new students succeed by becoming a mentor.
- Join the LinkedIn group for your discipline to stay informed.
- Visit UW-Platteville for Homecoming. This year, Distance Education will celebrate 35 years with a homecoming celebration. Watch for more information on all the great events the weekend of October.
- Join the UW-Platteville Alumni Association. There are many benefits, including the opportunity to meet UW-Platteville alumni at regional events. A complete calendar of events can be found here. Upcoming events include several golf outings. Once you join, regional events will be e-mailed to you. This is a great way to meet fellow distance alumni and also to hear stories from campus.
- Consider donating to the Dawn Drake Scholarship Fund. The fund provides an annual scholarship to a distance education student and is one of the few available to aid with tuition costs.
Read the latest distance education news in the Pioneer Post.
Subscribe to The Pioneer Post using our RSS feed.