Know your academic advisor
February 25, 2011
Your academic advisor is here to serve you in a variety of ways. Though we will contact you several times as you progress through your program, we invite you to contact us anytime we can be of assistance. We are here to
- Advocate: First and foremost, academic advisors are advocates for all distance learning students. Our goal is to create an environment that allows you to communicate effectively with all parties involved.
- Trouble-shoot: Your academic advisor is your point-person during your entire journey at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville. When you have questions or concerns related to school, your advisor is a great starting point. Although we cannot answer every question, we can refer you to the appropriate resource or facilitate communication until your question is answered.
- Explain: Your advisor can explain most policies and procedures related to distance education.
- Connect: We act as a liaison between students, faculty, and academic staff. We are a great resource if you need a conversation facilitated or initiated, but don’t know where to begin.
- Guide: Your advisor can be a great resource for you. Consider us your guide during your “tour of the UW-Platteville distance learning system.” We make sure that your questions are answered and your academic goals are realistic, while connecting you to important resources. We can evaluate your academic path to ensure that your best interest is at the forefront of every decision.
Read the latest distance education news in the Pioneer Post.
June 28, 2016
June 25, 2016
June 24, 2016
Subscribe to The Pioneer Post using our RSS feed.