Are you on track?
It’s hard to believe we are just over halfway through the fall term. At this point, we encourage you to take a little time to ask yourself: Am I on track? This question may be different for each of us. As an example, in my advising role I am checking to see if I have heard from or touched base with each of my advisees.
Hint: If you have not talked with your academic advisor recently, send him/her a quick e-mail update as to how things are going. I know your advisor would love to hear from you!
Currently enrolled students
If you are enrolled in classes right now,
- How is the term going for you?
- Are you where you want to be in your classes?
- Have you looked at your course calendars?
- Do you have the second half your term mapped out for success?
Stepping back from the daily activities for classes, how does the bigger picture look for you? We count on you to review your academic program plan each term to verify you are on track to reach your educational and professional goals.
- Are you on track to earn your degree by your anticipated graduation date? Has anything changed since you last evaluated your academic plan? Do you need to revisit your plan with your academic advisor?
- Have you logged into PASS, removed all holds, and completed any outstanding To Do list items so that you are able to register for spring courses?
- Do you know which courses and how many credits you want to take spring semester?
- Have you registered for the spring term?
If you have not asked yourself these questions, we encourage you to do so soon. The holidays are just around the corner, and it would be great to have these items completed so that you can focus on a strong finish for this term and enjoy the holidays with your roadmap affirmed.
Please remember that your academic advisor is here to support you. We want to hear about your successes and help guide you as you work to overcome any obstacles that may cross your path. Please keep us informed so that we can better assist you with ‘staying on track’. We look forward to continuing to support you on your journey to reach your educational and professional goals.