Five Ways to Stay Engaged This Summer
For many students, summer is the time of year for vacations, ball games, swimming, and barbecues. Whether taking a break from your studies or starting in the fall as a new student, staying connected to UW-Platteville while enjoying the summer can ensure your future success. Advisor Tania Pitzer has five ways to get you started.
1. Keep in touch with your advisor. Your advisor is here to discuss fall plans or to answer any questions you might have. Your advisor is always just a phone call or email away and ready to help.
2. Plan your fall courses. Fall registration is currently open. You should register early to ensure a spot in your fall courses. Sign into PASS to see what’s available, and check with your advisor to see what courses might fit your needs.
3. Watch for important updates. You will also want to keep informed of any changes or important information over the summer so you are ready to go for the fall semester. You can do this by monitoring your UW-Platteville email account regularly, and watching for news items in The Pioneer Connection and on our website.
4. Explore our demo course. If you will be taking your first course with us this fall, be sure to participate in the self-paced course in Desire2Learn called Introduction to Online Learning. The course is provided at no charge and will help prepare you for your first course in the fall. You will receive an email with information on how to access the course.
5. Like, tweet, or follow us. Social media is another fantastic way to stay connected with UW-Platteville and your fellow students. Be sure to check out and join the following pages:
Summer always tends to go by quickly. Take time to enjoy family and friends, but remember to stay connected with UW-Platteville to ensure a smooth transition into the fall semester. Staying connected will help keep your motivation going strong over the summer. Although you might be taking a break, your ultimate goal is still out there, and we are here to help you achieve that goal.
Subscribe to Distance Education Announcements using our RSS feed.