Services for Staff and Faculty
This pane clears float!
The Dean of Students Office seeks to facilitate the integration of the academic experience of students with all aspects of the university and student life. We strive to answer questions, address concerns and meet the needs of students to make their experience better both inside and outside the classroom. We work to:
- Provide information to students, faculty and staff about policies and procedures
- Identify the needs or areas of concern that may be affecting students academically, socially or personally
- Help students resolve issues, complaints or concerns
- Facilitate positive communication and connections between students, faculty and staff
- Connect students with appropriate university or community resources to assist students with concerns or issues
Faculty or staff members with questions or concerns about a student-related matter are encouraged to contact the Dean of Students Office. We can assist and consult on a variety of issues including:
- Interpretation of campus policies
- Student mental/physical health concerns
- Unexplained absences/missing students
- Troubled/distressed students
- Disruptive/threatening behavior
- Classroom management
The Dean of Students Office provides the following services:
- Assistance with the complaints process
- Student advocacy
- Assistant with student absences
- Assistant for victims
From tips on managing crises and emergencies, to information about student conduct, to online safety and student privacy, the Dean of Students Office provides access to resources for students, faculty and staff, and parents. Below are links to some commonly used resources.
UW-Platteville adheres to UW System Chapter 14 for policies about academic misconduct. The Dean of Students Office has provided instructors with a document to guide discussions with students and to outline the adjudication process. Please contact the Dean of Students Office with questions.
UW-Platteville takes the misuse and abuse of alcohol and other drugs seriously. All students are held responsible for the UW-Platteville alcohol policy. One should note that the misuse of alcohol and/or drugs can result in adjudication both from the State of Wisconsin and the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
UW-Platteville has general guidelines for student action in the event of a student absence from campus and classes. The Dean of Students Office cannot excuse a student absence but can work with a student when needed. Please contact the Dean of Students Office for clarification or with questions.
FERPA is a federal law that protects privacy.
The Pioneer Student Conduct Code is a document that outlines that policies which govern student life at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
The Dean of Students Office provides programs on Alcohol and Other Drugs, Sexual Violence, Academic Integrity, Ethics, and Conflict Resolution. Fill out this form to request a program.
UW-Platteville takes the sexual misconduct very seriously. All students are held responsible for the UW-Platteville sexual assault policy. One should note that allegations of sexual misconduct can result in adjudication both from the State of Wisconsin and the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
University Bias Incident Team
UBIT is a group of campus representatives committed to supporting students, faculty, and staff who have been affected by a bias incident.
This pane clears float!