Proper Etiquette for Mealtime Interviews, Business Meetings, and Social Events
Fall 2017 Professional Etiquette Event
Wednesday, November 8
5–7 p.m. Nohr Gallery,
Look for registration details and an announcement regarding employer sponsors in October!
Practice your communication skills
Build relationships and contacts with professionals in your field
Network for internships, co-ops, and full-time jobs
Thanks to the generosity of corporate sponsorship, you can enjoy a four-course meal for free, while meeting professionals in your field of study. It's a great opportunity to network and polish your professional etiquette. Freshmen through seniors are welcome to register for the event.
During the 4-course meal, students have the chance to:
- Network for internships, co-ops and full-time jobs
- Exchange business cards (we make them for you)
- Learn proper dining etiquette with each course of the meal
- Socialize with your peers and business leaders
Corporate sponsorship allows for this event to be free of charge to UW-Platteville students.
fall 2016 Corporate Sponsors
• AXA Advisors
• Esterline AVISTA
• Heartland Financial USA, Inc.
• JT Engineering, Inc
• Kimberly-Clark Corporation
• Northwestern Mutual
• School-Pak, Inc.
• Strand Associates, Inc.
• The Sherwin-Williams Company
typical Etiquette event menu
- Mixed Green Salad
- Chicken and Rice Soup
- Chicken Breast with Hunter Sauce, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli and Honey Glazed Carrots, Crusty Baguettes
- Chocolate and Marble Layer Cake
Coffee, Iced Tea, and Water
* Vegetarian meal and any special dietary needs are available upon request at time of registration.
• Log into the Pioneer Career Network (PCN)
• Click events on the left side of the screen event should be listed under upcoming events.