Did you recieve this email? This email is your invitation to join the new PCN!
The New PCN Platform is now Live. Students have access to old platform until July 31st to download documents from previous PCN Platform
The vision of the Career and Professional Development Office at UW-Platteville is to build strategic partnerships with the campus community and employers for student’s professional growth to discover and pursue paths as accomplished professionals prepared to meet the needs of a diverse global community.
Our mission is to connect the curricular and co-curricular experiences of students so that they can articulate their professional skills and abilities and use them to become accomplished professionals and engaged citizens. The Career and Professional Development Office supports and empowers students to be active participants in their professional development. We prepare students to make informed decisions regarding their future by connecting their personal and professional aspirations to the interpersonal development, practical competence, and civic engagement and lifelong learning that they acquire as students.
The Career and Professional Development Office team provides a supportive environment for the professional development of our students and alumni. The student journey can include career exploration, as well as career planning and selection. We have great relationships with employers who recognize the value of our Pioneers for a broad range of jobs. Collecting data on the success of our students and alumni in the workforce is critical as we continue to advance and collaborate with our campus community and off-campus constituents. Our office is located in 0200 Ullsvik Hall. For appointments or questions, please call 608.342.1183. Our office hours are 7:45 a.m.-4:15 p.m. For more information about our team, see the CPDO Team Directory.
Students AND ALUMNI
- Career exploration
- Career assessments
- Career opportunities, internships, co-ops, part-time and full-time jobs
- Résumés, cover letters, professional correspondence
- Job search strategies
- Interviewing (mock, virtual, formal)
- Assistance with graduate school and professional school exploration
- LinkedIn profiles, personal branding
- Attend a Career Fair
- Host an information session
- “Meet & Greet” top prospects
- Build your brand in a classroom presentation
- Share company opportunities in a club/organization presentation
- Participate in a Mock Interview Day
- Conduct on-campus interviews
- Bring your business to campus
Faculty and Staff
- Request a presentation
- Guidelines for serving as a reference
- Annual post graduation survey results