General Information for Autism
This pane clears float!
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville’s Office of Continuing Education offers the autism community three NEW educational program sequences in “hybrid online” and "face-to-face” formats.
Education on and around autism is available for practitioners, parents, and other caregivers working with children and adults in the Autism Spectrum as well as other developmental disabilities.
These new programs include:
- Graduate level credit classes fulfilling the requirement for eligibility for taking the Behavior Analyst Certification Board examination.
- A course sequence designed for parents and family members who are working with an Autism Spectrum child. These courses are available on a credit or non-credit basis. A group of four or more enrolling in the same class on a non-credit basis will pay a reduced fee.
- Treatment facility (sheltered care, group home, other institutional settings, etc.) managers and administrators looking for training in the treatment of Autism Spectrum patients will find two 15 contact hour courses for staff training. The first course, Behavior Management, is an introduction to the assessment and treatment of behavior disorders that affect social development, academic skills, and employment opportunities for individuals with developmental disability, autism spectrum disorders, mental illness, orthopedic handicaps, and combinations of these.
Instructional Design for Developmentally Disabled and Autistic Individuals presents a variety of instructional design procedures and their application in diverse settings.
- Students complete a project involving the design and instructional of developmentally disabled persons.
- Each of these courses can be taken on a credit or non-credit basis.
- A group of four or more enrolling in the same class on a non-credit basis will pay a reduced fee.
Please advise us at least one week prior to the beginning of the program if you have a disability and require special accommodations. Requests are confidential. UW-Platteville provides equal opportunities in employment and programming, including Title IX requirements. For more information contact the Office of Continuing Education at 888.281.9472.
Your privacy is our priority. We promise not to sell or disclose any of your personal information, including your email address, to a third party. All of the information you submit is used solely for internal purposes. Please contact the Office of Continuing Education if you have a privacy concern.
This pane clears float!