Family Child Care Credential
This four course (12-credit) credential is designed for family child care providers or individuals seeking to become family child care providers.
Students will examine the unique aspects of family child care with strong emphasis on the National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC) Quality Standards and the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards. The four courses in the Family Child Care Credential will transfer directly into the Early Childhood Education Associate Degree program.
The Family Child Care Credential:
- Serves as a pathway to an associate degree in Early Childhood Education
- Provides continuing education
- May contribute to increased YoungStar rating
- Could benefit family child care providers in the NAFCC accreditation process
- Builds professional practice
If you have completed the Administrators Credential, you will not have to take the Financial Management and Planning #3 course as part of your Family Child Care Credential.
New York State - Click here to view PDF of upcoming course information and dates.
Current Course Registration
Click on the course titles below for details or to register. If there are no courses listed, please call our office at 1-888-281-9472.