Explore Engineering Summer Program - General Information
- One college credit for GENENG 1030: Introduction to Engineering
- Projects course
- Skills to succeed in college
- Small class sizes
- Classes and labs in our new state-of-the art-engineering facility
- Hands-on labs and design projects instructed by our faculty from all disciplines listed above
- Excellent food and residence hall accommodations
- All needed supplies
- Exceptional college advising and career counseling
- Mentoring from upper class college engineering students
- Fun evening activities
- 2015-2016 high school sophomores, juniors and seniors or incoming college freshmen who have successfully completed Algebra I.
- A waiting list will be created once program reaches capacity.
University of Wisconsin-Platteville campus
- Sunday, June 12-Friday, June 17, 2016
- Sunday, June 19-Friday, June 24, 2016
Check-in registration begins at 3:00pm on Sunday - Program concludes at approximately 3:00pm on Friday.
Includes instruction by university faculty, Counseling Services, T-shirt and instructional materials.
- Commuter $570: Includes above, plus lunches Monday-Friday and one evening meal.
- Residential $795: Includes above, plus breakfast, lunch and supper meal Sunday evening-Friday lunch and overnight accommodations and evening activities.
Refunds, minus a $50 cancellation fee, will be given until May 2, 2016. After May 2, 2016, no refunds will be given.
- Complete the application form
- Complete and return the following forms:
- Payment for $795 if residential student or $570 if commuter student
- An official high school transcript is required with proof of successfully passing Algebra I. Contact your high school to request this.
HOME SCHOOLED STUDENTS
To be considered for admission, home-schooled students must provide the following:
- Official transcripts from school(s) attended
- Transcript of courses taken at home and grades signed by the individual providing the education verifying the curriculum
- To be considered for admission, home-schooled students must provide the following:
- Please send all forms, transcript and payment (if applicable) to:
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818
Please advise us at least one week prior to the beginning of the program if you have a disability and require special accommodations. Requests are confidential. UW-Platteville provides equal opportunities in employment and programming, including Title IX requirements.
Click on the course title below to view course information and/or to register. If you prefer to register via phone, contact the Office of Continuing Education at 608.348.1314 or 888.281.9472.
For emergencies outside the hours listed above, please contact the Campus Police at 608.342.1584.