Explore Engineering Summer Program - General Information
This pane clears float!
- One college credit for GENENG 1030: Introduction to Engineering
- Projects course
- Skills to succeed in college
- Small class sizes
- Classes and labs in our new state-of-the art-engineering facility
- Hands-on labs and design projects instructed by our faculty from all disciplines listed above
- Excellent food and residence hall accommodations
- All needed supplies
- Exceptional college advising and career counseling
- Mentoring from upper class college engineering students
- Fun evening activities
- 2014-2015 high school sophomores, juniors and seniors or incoming college freshmen who have successfully completed Algebra I.
- A waiting list will be created once program reaches capacity.
University of Wisconsin-Platteville campus
- Sunday, June 14-Friday, June 19, 2015
- Sunday, June 21-Friday, June 26, 2015
Check-in registration begins at 3:00pm on Sunday - Program concludes at approximately 3:00pm on Friday.
Includes instruction by university faculty, Counseling Services, T-shirt and instructional materials.
- Commuter $570: Includes above, plus lunches Monday-Friday and one evening meal.
- Residential $795: Includes above, plus breakfast, lunch and supper meal Sunday evening-Friday lunch and overnight accommodations and evening activities.
Refunds, minus a $50 cancellation fee, will be given until May 1, 2015. After May 1, 2015, no refunds will be given.
- Complete the application form
- Complete and return the following forms:
- Payment for $795 if residential student or $570 if commuter student
- An official high school transcript is required with proof of successfully passing Algebra I. Contact your high school to request this.
HOME SCHOOLED STUDENTS
To be considered for admission, home-schooled students must provide the following:
- Official transcripts from school(s) attended
- Transcript of courses taken at home and grades signed by the individual providing the education verifying the curriculum
- To be considered for admission, home-schooled students must provide the following:
- Please send all forms, transcript and payment (if applicable) to:
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818
Please advise us at least one week prior to the beginning of the program if you have a disability and require special accommodations. Requests are confidential. UW-Platteville provides equal opportunities in employment and programming, including Title IX requirements.
Click on the course title below to view course information and/or to register. If you prefer to register via phone, contact the Office of Continuing Education at 608.348.1314 or 888.281.9472.
This pane clears float!
For emergencies outside the hours listed above, please contact the Campus Police at 608.342.1584.