Child Care FAQ

Continuing Education JavaScript

Clear Float

This pane clears float!

Is there financial assistance available?

Yes! T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood ® Wisconsin provides higher education scholarships to professionals who work in regulated early childhood and school age care settings.

More about Scholarships

Do I have to come to the University of Wisconsin-Platteville campus?

No, you will never have to drive to our campus. All of our courses, credentials, and degree programs are offered in an online format.

Do I have to have access to high speed Internet and a webcamera to take classes?

Yes, our courses are offered with both our online course content site and via live, online web conferencing classes one evening per week, via webcamera.  This allows you to learn from your instructor as well as gain ideas from the other professionals in your course, without leaving your home. We bring the classroom to you.

How can I learn more?

Please fill out our request form for more information. 

New York State 

Who is the Credentialing Agency?

The New York State Association for the Education of Young Children (NYSAEYC) is the credentialing agency for both the Children’s Program Administrator Credential and the Infant Toddler Care and Education Credential. To contact NYSAEYC please see their website.

How do I show my competence?

Each candidate submits a portfolio to NYSAEYC for external review by early childhood experts. For more information on Portfolios, click here.

What is the cost?

• The cost for UW-Platteville credits is $277.43 per credit.
• The application fee to NYSAEYC for assessment is $50 and the credential fee is $200.
• The Educational Incentive Program (EIP) will help cover the costs of these fees for eligible candidates.
• For more information on the EIP, click here.


Clear Float

This pane clears float!

Footer Anchor