Chemistry Summer Research Program-General Information
- One college credit for Introduction to Research: CHEM-1110
- Skills to succeed in college
- Work on research projects applicable to everyday life
- Hands-on experience in labs instructed by college professors
- Excellent food and residence hall accommodations
- All needed supplies
- College advising and career counseling
- Mentoring from upper class chemistry students at UWP
- Fun evening activities
2016-2017 high school sophomores, juniors and seniors who have already taken (or are currently enrolled in) a high school chemistry course.
University of Wisconsin-Platteville campus
- Sunday, July 23 - Friday, July 28, 2017
- Check-in registration begins at 3:00pm on Sunday - Program concludes at 11:00am on Friday.
Includes instruction by university faculty, Counseling Services, T-shirt and instructional materials.
- Commuter $625: Includes above, plus lunches Monday-Thursday and two evening meals
- Residential $795: Includes above, plus breakfast, lunch and supper meal Sunday evening through Friday breakfast, overnight accommodations and evening activities.
Partial scholarships may be available based upon academic excellence and ﬁnancial need.
A cancellation refund of $50 will be charged through June 23, 2017. No refunds will be allowed after June 23, 2017.
- Complete the application form
- Complete and return the following forms:
- Payment: Fees listed above.
- An official high school transcript is required with proof of a Chemistry and Math course taken. Contact your high school to request this.
HOME SCHOOLED STUDENTS
To be considered for admission, home-schooled students must provide the following:
- Official transcripts from school(s) attended
- Transcript of courses taken at home and grades signed by the individual providing the education verifying the curriculum
- To be considered for admission, home-schooled students must provide the following:
- Please send all forms and payment (if applicable) to:
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818
Please advise us at least one week prior to the beginning of the program if you have a disability and require special accommodations. Requests are confidential. UW-Platteville provides equal opportunities in employment and programming, including Title IX requirements.
Click on the course title below to view course information and/or to register. If you prefer to register via phone, contact the Office of Continuing Education at 608.348.1314 or 888.281.9472.
Connect On Facebook
Want to be added to our mailing list?
Click here to receive communications about our upcoming programs.
Comments and Questions?
Send us your ideas, suggestions, feedback and questions.
Continuing Education Web Feedback?
Web Feedback Form
Continuing Education on Pinterest
Continuing Education on LinkedIn
Continuing Education on YouTube
Early Childhood Credential Program on Facebook