WORKING LANDS INITIATIVE WORKSHOPS (Oct/Nov)
Farmers, town officials, planning commission members and other interested parties are invited to participate in one of six working lands workshops scheduled for the last week of October and the first week of November to learn more about Wisconsin’s new tools to preserve agricultural land. Wisconsin’s Working Lands Initiative is the focus of each day-long workshop.
Topics to be covered include the changes to the existing Farmland Preservation Program, purchase of agricultural conservation easements, agricultural enterprise areas and claiming farmland preservation tax credits.
The workshops are organized by the Wisconsin Towns Association and the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection. Additional partnership and promotion for the sessions is provided by Cooperative Network, AgStar Financial Services, Badgerland Financial, GreenStone Farm Credit Services, United FCS, and Gathering Waters Conservancy.
Each workshop begins at 8:30 a.m. with registration and continues until 3 p.m. with a break for lunch which will be provided. The cost is $35 per person. Registration and payment should be received by the Wisconsin Towns Association at least seven days before the workshop. Walk-in registrations will be accepted for an additional $10 fee.
• Wisconsin Dells: Tuesday, Oct. 27, Antiqua Bay, 655 Frontage Rd.
• Eau Claire: Wednesday, Oct. 28, Sleep Inn & Conference Center, 5872 33rd Ave.
• Marathon: Thursday, Oct. 29, Rib River Ballroom, 33237 St. Hwy 29.
• Fond du Lac: Tuesday, Nov. 3, Holiday Inn, 625 W. Rolling Meadows Dr.
• De Pere: Wednesday, Nov. 4, Apple Creek Inn, 3177 French Rd.
• Janesville: Thursday, Nov. 5, Holiday Inn & Janesville Conference Center, 3100 Wellington Place.
To register, contact the Wisconsin Towns Association at (715) 526-3157 or visit their web site at http://www.wisctowns.com/ for more information or to download the registration form.