This pane clears float!
Asian Appreciation Week
Time: 6:00---8:00pm April. 22nd
Place: Doudna 103
Free to attend.
Qs and As on Chinese and American Culture
Relax and sit back while joining the discussion on different aspects of modern Chinese life and comparison American’s point of view for different topics at each session.
Tuesday, March 24th, 5:30-7:30pm, Doudna 103 Confucius and Socrates movie clips, Dr. Mary Lenzi (Humanities Department) and Dr. Victor Yu (Confucius Institute)
Wednesday, March 25th, 6:00-7:30pm, Doudna 141 Chinese in USA, Dr. Victor Yu (Confucius Institute)
Thursday, March 26th, 6:00-7:30pm, Doudna 136 Comparison of Special Education Needs in USA and China, Ms. Xiaoqiang Xu and Ms. Kathy Zhang (Confucius Institute)
Friday, March 27th, 6:00-7:30pm, Doudna 136 What Does Gender Mean in College Majors and Career Path, Dr. Dong Isbister (Women and Gender Studies) and Ms. Jenny Hao (Confucius Institute)
Monday, March 30th, 6:00-7:30pm, Doudna 136 Chinese Civilization & Understanding the rise of China, Ms. Kathy Zhang (Confucius Institute)
Wednesday, April 1st, 6:00-7:30pm, Doudna 136 A Century of Sino-American Relations (1784-1882), Dr. Eugene R.H. Tesdahl (History Department) Early Sino-American Relations: Trade, Missiononaries and Diplomacy, Dr. Victor Yu (Confucius Institute)
Wednesday, April 8th, 6:00-7:30pm, Doudna 141 Chinese in USA, Dr. Victor Yu (Confucius Institute)
Tuesday, April 14th, 6:00-7:30pm, Doudna 116 2nd Industrial Evolution in USA (1840-1911), Ms. Kathy Zhang (Confucius Institute) and Dr. David Krugler (History Department)
Wednesday, April 22nd, 6:00-8:00pm, Doudna 103 “Shanghai Calling” Movie Night, Ms. Kathy Zhang and Ms. Jenny Hao (Confucius Institute)
Monday, April 27th, 6:00-7:30pm, Doudna 141 Transformations of the Trans-Pacific World after WW II: Cultural, Social, and Economic Exchanges and Changes in the USA and People's Republic of China, Dr. Jae Lee (History Department) and Ms. Jenny Hao (Confucius Institute)
Wednesday, May 6th, 6:00-7:30pm, Doudna 136 Cross Cultural Education Experience, Dr. Daniel Leitch (Education Department), Ms. Kristi Leitch (Student), and Dr. Victor Yu (Confucius Institute)
- Confucius Institute to hold annual Chinese New Year Celebration
- Confucius Institute to Host Taichi Night and Chinese Expo
- Students Receive Awards at Chinese Language Speech Contest
- UW-Platteville to administer Confucius classroom at St. Mary Central High School
- The Confucius Institute hosts Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival
- UW-Platteville to offer the first credit-bearing Mandarin courses this fall
- UW-Platteville Confucius Institute offers on-site Mandarin language training for businesses
- Confucius Institute to offer Mandarin language instruction at all levels
This pane clears float!