This pane clears float!
Chinese Dragon Boat Day
Monday, May 4, 2015, 5-7pm
Learn how to make holiday food “Zongzi”
Wilgus Hall Kitchen
Free to attend.
Chinese New Year Festival – Celebrate the year of the sheep!
Sunday, February 1, 2015
Velzy Commons, Ullsvik Hall, UW-Platteville campus
Tickets available through the University Box Office at 608.342.1298 or tickets.uwplatt.edu/public/
Qs and As on Chinese and American Culture
Relax and sit back while joining the discussion on different aspects of modern Chinese life and comparison American’s point of view for different topics at each session.
Tuesday, March 24th, 5:30-7:30pm, Doudna 103 Confucius and Socrates movie clips, Dr. Mary Lenzi (Humanities Department) and Dr. Victor Yu (Confucius Institute)
Wednesday, March 25th, 6:00-7:30pm, Doudna 141 Chinese in USA, Dr. Victor Yu (Confucius Institute)
Thursday, March 26th, 6:00-7:30pm, Doudna 136 Comparison of Special Education Needs in USA and China, Ms. Xiaoqiang Xu and Ms. Kathy Zhang (Confucius Institute)
Friday, March 27th, 6:00-7:30pm, Doudna 136 What Does Gender Mean in College Majors and Career Path, Dr. Dong Isbister (Women and Gender Studies) and Ms. Jenny Hao (Confucius Institute)
Wednesday, April 1st, 6:00-7:30pm, Doudna 136 A Century of Sino-American Relations (1784-1882), Dr. Eugene R.H. Tesdahl (History Department) Early Sino-American Relations: Trade, Missiononaries and Diplomacy, Dr. Victor Yu (Confucius Institute)
Wednesday, April 8th, 6:00-7:30pm, Doudna 141 Chinese in USA, Dr. Victor Yu (Confucius Institute)
Tuesday, April 14th, 6:00-7:30pm, Doudna 116 2nd Industrial Evolution in USA (1840-1911), Ms. Kathy Zhang (Confucius Institute) and Dr. David Krugler (History Department)
Wednesday, April 22nd, 6:00-8:00pm, Doudna 103 “Shanghai Calling” Movie Night, Ms. Kathy Zhang and Ms. Jenny Hao (Confucius Institute)
Monday, April 27th, 6:00-7:30pm, Doudna 141 Transformations of the Trans-Pacific World after WW II: Cultural, Social, and Economic Exchanges and Changes in the USA and People's Republic of China, Dr. Jae Lee (History Department) and Ms. Jenny Hao (Confucius Institute)
Wednesday, May 6th, 6:00-7:30pm, Doudna 136 Cross Cultural Education Experience, Dr. Daniel Leitch (Education Department), Ms. Kristi Leitch (Student), and Dr. Victor Yu (Confucius Institute)
- Confucius Institute to hold annual Chinese New Year Celebration
- Confucius Institute to Host Taichi Night and Chinese Expo
- Students Receive Awards at Chinese Language Speech Contest
- UW-Platteville to administer Confucius classroom at St. Mary Central High School
- Elementary Chinese language courses offered for first time in school's history
- The Confucius Institute hosts Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival
- UW-Platteville to offer the first credit-bearing Mandarin courses this fall
- End of the semester Kassia concerts planned
- Students to present research at posters in the Rotunda
- UW-Platteville Confucius Institute offers on-site Mandarin language training for businesses
- Confucius Institute to offer Mandarin language instruction at all levels
- International Film Festival begins Feb. 25
- UW-Platteville to host Chinese Spring Festival Feb. 3
This pane clears float!