- • Will technical college credits transfer into the program?
- A maximum of 30 credits will transfer from a technical college program, depending on the particular courses taken. You may wish to visit the Transfer Information System (TIS) as a guide to indicate how your courses may transfer.
- •Are there waivers and/or test-out options available for people who have direct work
experience in the engineering field?
- Yes, both options are available. If you would like to be granted a waiver for a course, you must submit a letter of request for the specific course, your resume, and a thorough job description. If you would like to request the test-out option for a course, you may take the final exam and corresponding lab exam, if applicable. A nominal fee will be charged for this service. For further information, please contact one of the Program Managers .
- • Do I need to take placement tests?
- Students must take placement tests if they have not successfully completed a previous university level English or mathematics course. For further information, please contact one of the Program Managers.
- • Does the program have internship or co-op placement services?
- Yes, there are internship and co-op opportunities available to qualified students. For more information please visit the UW-Platteville Career Center Website.
- • Is the Collaborative Engineering Program affiliated with the Distance Learning Center
which offers online courses?
- No, the Collaborative Engineering Program offers courses through streaming video technology via the Internet. It is separate from the Distance Learning Center and is not an online program.