Students meeting the following requirements will be considered for admission to UW-Platteville as a transfer student:
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher in college transfer courses
- In good academic standing at the institution they are currently attending or last attended
- 12 or more transferrable credits from an accredited institution
Note: Engineering students should also be aware of the following:
- The transfer of credits into any engineering program must be approved by the appropriate department chair. All transfer credits must follow the specific requirements of the professional engineering program which the student will be entering, including any specific grade requirements.
- Pass/fail or “D” grades are generally not transferable into engineering.
- Students transferring from programs which are not ABET accredited may be required to substantiate their expertise in the topics in question.
Note: An associate of arts and science degree is not a prerequisite for applying to UW-Platteville; however, it must be earned before a bachelor’s degree from UW-Platteville is granted.
TRANSFER CREDIT POLICY and TRANSFER FROM SPECIFIC SCHOOLS
Click here for complete information regarding the following:
- UW-Platteville transfer credit policy
- Transferring from specific schools
WHAT CREDITS TRANSFER?
Click here and scroll to the “What Credits Transfer?” box on the right-hand side.
- UW System’s Transfer Information (TIS) is a database of all transfer credit equivalencies within the UW System, UW Colleges, and Wisconsin Technical Colleges.
- Transfer Evaluation System (TES) is a database of transfer credit equivalencies for out-of-state institutions, as well as private Wisconsin colleges and universities. If UW-Platteville has previously reviewed a course, it will be in the TES database.