- Collaborative EE Program Balance Sheet - lists the required pre-engineering courses and electrical engineering courses, as well as the electrical engineering emphasis courses.
- Course listing
- Technical Electives
- Course flow chart
- EE Sample Course Planning Guides
• Admission to the electrical engineering program
Students must meet the minimum Core Grade Point Average established by the electrical engineering department. As of fall 2013, the CGPA is 2.50. Admission to the electrical engineering program is based on the program CGPA requirement in effect during the semester in which the student completes the core courses listed below.
UW-Platteville UW Colleges Core Course Title
MATH 2640 MAT 221 Calculus and Analytic Geometry I
MATH 2740 MAT 222 Calculus and Analytic Geometry II
CHEM 1450 CHE 165 Chemistry for Engineers
GE 1000 EGR 105 Engineering Success Skills
GE 1030 EGR 105 Introduction to Engineering Projects
ENGL 1130 ENG 101 Freshman Composition
* (GE 1000 + GE 1030 = EGR 105 Engineering Fundamentals)
• Courses used as prerequisites or corequisites
1. Students must receive a C- or better in the following UW-Platteville courses when used as
prerequisites for electrical engineering courses: Calculus I, II, and III; Differential Equations;
and Physics II. UW Colleges may require a C or better; for clarification please consult with
2. Students may get a D in ELECTENG 3130, 3410, 3780, 4610; PHYSICS 3140; and COMPUTER
1430 as a graduation requirement, BUT, if used as a prerequisite or corequisite of an electrical
engineering course, the course(s) must be completed with a C- or better.
• Required electrical engineering courses
Students must complete the following courses with a grade of C- or better: ELECTENG 1210,
2210, 2220, 3020, 3140, 3210, 3320, and 3770.
• Electrical engineering average GPA
Students must have an average GPA of 2.00 or higher in electrical engineering courses. A
grade of D is allowed in any 4000-level course in electrical engineering with the exception of