Transfer students will be considered for admission to UW-Platteville if they meet the following requirements:
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher in college transfer courses
- In good academic standing at the institution they are currently attending or last attended
- 12 or more transferrable credits from an accredited institution
Engineering students should also be aware of the following:
- The transfer of courses into any engineering program must be approved by the appropriate department chair. All transfer courses must follow the specific requirements of the professional engineering program which the student will be entering, including any specific grade requirements.
- Pass/fail or “D” grades are generally not transferable into the professional engineering programs.
- Students transferring from programs which are not ABET accredited may be required to substantiate their expertise in the topics in question.
An associate of arts and science degree is not a prerequisite for applying to UW-Platteville; however, it must be earned before a bachelor’s degree from UW-Platteville is granted.
Learn more about admission to UW-Platteville.