Deborah L. Rice
- 12 years instructing at College level: 4 years UW-Platteville, 3 years US Army Ordnance Center and School, 2 years Hopkinsville Community College, Hopkinsville, KY, 3 years University of North Dakota.
- 7 years experience as a Probation and Parole Officer, State of Wisconsin
- 21 years duty with U. S. Army: 8 years Active Duty; 6 years Army Reserves; 7 years Wisconsin Army National Guard. Retired 31 May 2004.
- 2004 M.S. Criminal Justice, University of Wisconsin-Platteville, Platteville, WI
- 1991 M.S. Management with concentration in Contract Management, Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, Florida
- 1975 B.S. Criminal Justice, University of Wisconsin-Platteville, Platteville, Wisconsin.
- Taught two classes per semester of Introduction to Criminal Justice at UW-Platteville. Received excellent evaluations from the students.
- Taught on-line Juvenile Justice Class for UW-Platteville, using Desire2Learn and PeopleSoft programs.
- Taught three classes of Introduction to Law Enforcement; one class each of Juvenile Delinquency, Court Procedures, Evidence and Procedures, and Self Management for Hopkinsville Community College, Hopkinsville, Kentucky
- Completed over 1,000 hours of instruction time, revised the text for Acquisition Management and wrote lesson plans for this 34 hour block of instruction, resulting in the award of Master Instructor by the US Army Ordnance Center and School, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
- Managed a caseload of 75 adults and 15 juveniles as a Probation and Parole Agent in Racine and Milwaukee, earning the highest position level of Social Worker III.
- Wrote pre-sentence reports, testified in court, visited clients in jails and prisons, transported prisoners, counseled clients and parents, revoked violators.
- Mentored, counseled, advised Army Ordnance Second Lieutenants while serving as an instructor at the US Army Ordnance School.
- Taught ROTC classes and mentored entry-level ROTC students at the University of North Dakota and presented Army Family Team Building classes to the cadet's spouses.
- Selected to be first female Park Police officer in Wisconsin. Served in that position for two summers at Devil's Lake State Park, Wisconsin.
- Taught Citizenship classes while stationed at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD resulting in several students passing their exams for US citizenship.
- Taught citizen volunteers procedures for conducting a draft board hearing while a member of the Selective Service Detachment, Wisconsin Army National Guard
- Commanded a Headquarters Detachment in Hanau, Germany (75 personnel) where one of the responsibilities was the administration of Uniformed Code of Military Justice (UCMJ). Imposed sentences of fines, restriction to base, loss of pay, loss of privileges, extra duty to soldiers who violated UCMJ.
- Interviewed prisoners at the US Military Disciplinary Barracks, Ft Leavenworth, KS for a study on Attention Deficit Disorders in Adults.
- Member of the UW-Platteville Alumni Board where I serve on the nominations committee. Active in Alumni Events to include the organizing of Homecoming Events for Greeks, Rangerettes, and the Classes of the mid-70's.
- Member of the UW-Platteville LAE Chapter Board.
- Volunteer Youth Chair for the Madison Children's Museum American Girl Doll Sale. Managed and organized over 100 youth, ages 10 to 18 who work at the sale.
- Prior to Youth Chair I served as the Volunteer Co-Chair for Books Department of Madison Children's Museum American Girl Doll Sale. Volunteered for 10 years with this organization, over 2,000 volunteer hours within those ten years, managing the quality control, pricing, storing and sale of over 10,000 donated American Girl Books.
- Adjunct Instructor, UW-Platteville
- Legal Assistant, WI Dept. of Veterans Affairs
- Wisconsin Army National Guard
- University of North Dakota, ROTC instructor
- Hopkinsville Community College, Instructor, Hopkinsville, KY
- US Army Reserves
- Volunteer, US Military Disciplinary Barracks, Ft Leavenworth, KS
- Active Duty, US Army
- Probation and Parole Agent, State of Wisconsin, Racine & Milwaukee
- Dept. o f Natural Resources, Park Police Officer, Devil's Lake State Park