Scholarships and Awards
The following scholarships are available to UW-Platteville students majoring in chemistry:
- Gerald F. Richards Scholarship: $1800, chemistry major in junior year.
- Glen V. Gundy Scholarship: $2,000, chemistry major or minor or chemistry related major and completion of at least five semesters.
- Glen Tilbury Scholarship: $800, chemistry major or minor with preference to those preparing to teach.
- Ethel Shaver Scholarship: $650, EMS major taking chemistry, minimum GPA 2.20, from a single parent family, awarded in the spring of even numbered years.
- Robert C. Hansen Scholarship: $1,000; chemistry major with an overall grade standing of B/C.
- Chemistry Emeriti Faculty Scholarship: $600, chemistry major.
- Roger L. Davies: $175, primary major in one of the natural sciences (astronomy, biology, chemistry, geography, physics) with a GPA of 3.0+; financial need.
- Dwight Klaasen Biochemistry Scholarship: Must be a chemistry major with an emphasis in biochemistry.
- Alice Keegan Memorial Scholarship for Riverdale High School: Recipient must have graduated from Riverdale High School, Wis. First preference to chemistry majors and second preference to Biology majors. Must a have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Various UW-Platteville Scholarships for New Freshmen