High School Students and Students with No Prior College
Apply to UW-Platteville
The University of Wisconsin System has an online application process. Go to https://apply.wisconsin.edu to create an account an begin the process. You should select chemistry as your intended major. Note that you can change this later, but it is important to start in the College of Engineering, Math and Science (EMS) if you feel you want to pursue a chemistry degree.
Students Transferring with Prior College Courses
Transfer Credit in Chemistry
Many Chemistry students have transferred into the program from other institutions or taken courses at other institutions during the summer or a semester abroad. The University of Wisconsin-Platteville has posted its policies on transfers:
- University-wide transfer policies are given in the course catalog.
- Information particular to transfers into chemistry is available through the Registrar's Office.
- Information on the application process is given by the Admissions Office.
The Admisions Office also offers a couple of links to online tools that allow you to check whether your particular courses/credits will transfer to UW-Platteville from other institutions.
- The first link, UW System's Transfer Information, takes you to a database of all transfer credit equivalencies within the UW System, UW Colleges, and Wisconsin Technical Colleges.
- The second link, Transfer Evaluation System, takes you to a database of equivalencies for all out of state institutions, as well as private Wisconsin colleges/universities. If the UW-Platteville campus has previously reviewed an out-of-system course for transfer credit, it should show up in this database.