Promoting International Student Success Workshop, for Faculty
"Promoting International Student Success" is a workshop designed for faculty and teaching staff focused on supporting international students as they balanced demands by multiple-languages, new course structures and teaching philosophies, cultural changes, and Wisconsin weather! Helping these students succeed in your classes is a significant achievement and this workshop will help you determine just how to do that. The workshop will cover:
- An overview of the international student population at UW-Platteville.
- Tips for advising international students, including cultural considerations.
- How to create an inclusive classroom culture.
- A look at F-1/J-1 student visa regulations.
- Your questions and answers will wrap up the discussion.
This workshop will be fast-paced and significant for all teaching staff and faculty. Registration is required. Contact 342-1798 or email@example.com to register. Let us know if you need accommodations to attend.