General Information for FFA CDE
CSS to Hide Title
General Information for FFA Career Development Events
Event date is Thursday, March 30, 2017
The annual Southwestern Wisconsin FFA Career Development Events will be held Thursday, March 26, 2015 at UW-Platteville. This event will serve as area events for Agricultural Mechanics, Dairy Cattle, Horses, Livestock, Veterinary Science and Wildlife teams attempting to qualify for these state events.
General Instructions and Schedule
- 8:15-9:00 a.m. Registration. All team members and coaches are to report to the Velzy Commons of the Ullsvik Center where judging cards will be picked up. Do not report directly to the site of the event.
- 8:40-9:00 a.m. Load Buses. Buses for the Horses, Meats, Livestock, and Junior Dairy will load as soon as you have picked up your packets from the registration desk. These buses will leave promptly at 9:00.
- 8:30- 9:00 a.m. Senior Dairy Cattle: As soon as cards are picked up, Senior Dairy Cattle students are to report to the Center for the Arts.
- 8:45 a.m. Heat 1 Dairy Products participants are to report to the Pioneer Student Center after picking up their materials at the Ullsvik Center. Heat 2 will begin at 10:00.
- 9:00 a.m. General assembly. Students in Agricultural Mechanics, Crops, Wildlife, Floriculture, Poultry, Sales, Farm Business Management and Dairy Products (Heat 2) events will be welcomed and dismissed to their respective events.
- Awards will be mailed to winning teams and individuals. Results will be posted on the web page at www.uwplatt.edu/agriculture/ffa-career-development-events.
Registration and fees. If you would like a hard copy of a registration form, one can be printed from this web site, however, we encourage you to register online. Registration fees are $25.00 per team. A $25.00 chapter registration can be waived by having the advisor help out with one of the events.
- March 17: Last day to postmark, fax or register your students online without paying a $50.00 late fee.
- March 24: Last day we are accepting registrations postmarked, faxed or online.
- March 24: Last day to cancel your registration and receive a refund.
Work Assignments. Some work assignments will be made based upon your selected preference. Please indicate your top three choices of events when you register. If you work, the $25.00 chapter registration fee will be waived.
Parking. Bus drivers should find off-campus parking such as Wal-Mart, Farm and Fleet, etc. Do not park in faculty lots or handicap designated stalls. Check our web site for maps.
- One team per chapter per CDE
- FFA members with dues paid only in qualifying CDEs
- No cell phones allowed in CDEs
Questions--check our web site (www.uwplatt.edu/agriculture/ffa-career-development-events) or call Mark Zidon at 608.342.1391 or email at email@example.com.