New Student Registration
new Student Registration
New Student Registration is a day for new students and their parents/guests to learn more about the transition to UW-Platteville. Students will also register for classes with the assistance of faculty, staff and peer advisors. NSR is your first official day as a UW-Platteville Pioneer.
What happens at New Student Registration?
- Overview of registration process
- Campus life and information sessions with current student peer advisors
- Campus ID photo taken
- Dining Services, Financial Aid and Student Housing sessions for parents and guests
- Campus Resource Fair (and lunch)
- Meetings with faculty advisors
- Transition and Student Success sessions
- Registration for fall semester classes
- Optional campus tours
reserve a date for Nsr
Any student who has paid their enrollment deposit will receive an email from the Admission office with information about registration. We begin this process in February. It does take a small period of time to process enrollment deposits, so if you paid your enrollment deposit and do not receive an email within 2 days, please contact Academic Support Programs at 608.342.1081 or email@example.com.
The email will contain:
- a checklist of items that must be completed prior to registering for classes
- information regarding UW System English and math Placement Testing
- instructions to go online and reserve your date for New Student Registration.
To reserve a date, you will need your Applicant Account User ID and password information previously sent to you from Admission and Enrollment Services. If you have misplaced this login information, please contact Admission and Enrollment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. The $100 enrollment deposit must be paid before you will be able to access the reservation system and select a date to sign up for NSR. Dates are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Step by step instructions on how to complete he registration process for NSR can be found on the Admissions page.
New transfer students entering UW-Platteville have the opportunity to register for courses along with the continuing students during advance registration each semester. Please visit Transfer Student Registration for more information.
UW System Placement Testing is required for all new freshman students. Placement tests in English and mathematics must be completed at least three weeks prior to your New Student Registration date. The foreign language test is optional, but is recommended for students considering study of a foreign language. The results of placement test scores will be used to place students in appropriate college-level courses based on level of ability, including remedial courses and are not available until the day of NSR.
Students should sign up for placement testing through the UW System Placement Testing website prior reserving a date for NSR in PASS. NSR dates fill quickly, so it is important to reserve a date to attend NSR even though the placement tests have not been completed. Placement test results will be available to students on the date that they attend NSR to register for fall classes.
Regional Placement Testing is offered on multiple dates in the spring at various UW System campuses. Students who are not able to take the test close to home in the spring have two options to complete the UW-System Placement testing. They include:
- Computer based testing through Castle Worldwide. Registration is done through the UW-System Placement testing website
- Residual Placement Testing at UW-Platteville on one of the selected dates during the summer and then attend NSR the day after testing. This option limits the days that can be chosen to attend NSR.
- Quad Cities testing location- open only to students attending UW-Platteville, this test will be held in April at Pleasant Valley High School in Bettendorf, Iowa. A separate application is required for students testing at this location.
The English test-out program is offered during each day of Freshman Registration (without pre-enrollment) during the summer. Visit English Test-Out Program to learn more.
For additional information about placement testing, including details on how, when, and where students can test, visit Placement Testing or contact Academic Support Programs at 608.342.1081 or email@example.com.
Remember, you can sign up for NSR before you take your placement tests.
The fee for NSR is $145 per student and will be deferred to the student's tuition bill. This fee covers the cost of summer and fall registration, fall orientation programs, materials, mailings, student staff and meals for the student and two guests. If additional guests attend, the cost is $15 per person payable at check-in the morning of the student's assigned NSR date.
Overnight accommodations are available for students and guests in a UW-Platteville residence hall the evening before the student's scheduled NSR date. The cost for each person is $25. Students will be placed with other students; family members will be placed together as space allows. Check-in at the residence hall is between 6 p.m.-8 p.m. on the day prior to the scheduled NSR date. Reservations can be made online when signing up for NSR or by visiting NSR On Campus Overnight Accommodations.
Local hotels and motels in Platteville:
- Country Inn by Carlson: 630 South Water Street | Phone: 608.348.7373 or 800.456.4000
- Mound View Inn: 1755 East Highway 151 | Phone: 608.348.9518
- Super 8 Motel: 100 Highway 80/81 | Phone: 608.348.8800 or 800.800.8000
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, we will make every effort for reasonable accommodations requested by individuals with disabilities. Students as well as family and friends with special disability needs should state their request when signing up for registration. All locations used during NSR are wheelchair accessible. Requests are confidential. Contact Academic Support Programs at 608.342.1081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still have questions?
Students will choose one day to attend.
- Monday, June 12
- Tuesday, June 13
- Wednesday, June 14
- Thursday, June 15
- Friday, June 16
- Monday, June 19
- Tuesday, June 20
- Wednesday, June 21
- Thursday, June 22
- Friday, June 23
- Monday, July 10
- Tuesday, July 11
- Wednesday, July 12
- Thursday, July 13
- Friday, July 14
- Submit enrollment deposit and contract.
- Sign up for a date to take the UW System placement tests.
Reserve a date to attend NSR.
- You can sign up for NSR before you take the placement tests.
- Sign up early, sessions fill quickly.
Take the UW System English and math placement tests.
- Foreign language test is optional.
- Don't forget to bring a photo ID!
- Send official scores and transcripts.